MMS School Nurse/Health Office


Nurse Jaime & Mrs. Robichaud

Phone: 603-673-5221 option 2

Confidential fax in the Health Office: 603-271-0713

Email: [email protected]


Frequently Asked Information (FAQ):

State Immunization Requirements for Middle School Students:

All students going into the 7th grade are required to have the Tdap vaccine.  I am required to review the immunization record for compliance.  A copy of the most current immunization record is required. You can check the state requirements at:

The New Hampshire Law RSA  141-C:20-a and  RSA 200:38 require that every child enrolled in a New Hampshire School be immunized and have a physical upon entering school according to the recommendation of the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. Failure to provide the proper documentation may result in exclusion from school until proof of vaccination/exemption information is provided.

Physical Exams:

All students new to the Milford School District are required to have a physical exam dated within 1 year of the child’s first day of school.  Examples: If the first day of school is August 30, 2023 then the physical exam must be dated August 30, 2022 or after.  If the first day your child attends school is February 1, 2024 then the exam must be dated February 1, 2023 or after.   It is recommended that you provide a recent physical when your student moves up to another building so that we have the most updated medical information on file.

Sports Exams:

For all students  new to MMS, Sports exams must be dated  June 1st, 2023 or after and then that will be valid until your child attends high school.  If the sports exam was done before June 1st, 2023 then your child will need another sports exam 1 year from the previous sports exam.  Convenient MD offers sports physical exams for $25.  You may call 603-578-3347 to schedule or walk-in.  In the event you are facing a financial hardship, please reach out as I do have limited free sports physical vouchers.

Medications at School

Please either have your students Health Care Provider (MD, ARNP, etc.) fax us a prescription order or have them fill out a Parent/Physician Permission for Medication Form for any prescription and over the counter medication that may be needed in school (Epi-pens, inhalers, ADHD medication, etc.)  The prescription/form needs to be dated July 1, 2023 or after to be valid for this school year. It must be a complete medication order- "complete" means it has the students name,. date of birth, diagnosis for which the medication is to be taken, name and dosage of medication and the to be given. All prescriptions must be supplied in the original pharmacy container, and the label must match the MD order.  The parent or guardian MUST bring the medication to the Health Office.  It cannot be dropped off to the office or given to any other staff member. 

If your student needs to take a temporary medication at school (eye drops or antibiotics, etc.) we still need the MD order or Medication form to be filled out by the Health Care Provider.  Medications that are ordered 1-3 times a day should be given at home.

Students are allowed to carry their own Epi-pens and/or Inhaler with the parent and doctors agreement that your child is able to do so.  A MD order stating this needs to be shared with the Health Office.

The Parent/Physician Permission for Medication form can be found on the MMS nurse webpage at

I carry Tums, Tylenol(chewable and regular tablets), Ibuprofen (chewable and regular tablets) and Benadryl(including  Dye-free) for emergency allergic reactions.  If your child has an Epi-pen or Epinephrine pen please provide the fast acting medication the doctor has ordered if different than Benadryl (loratadine, cetirizine, etc).  I also carry cough drops and throat lozenges.


PE Excuse

A PE excuse note will be given for up to 3 days after injury; after that a written excuse from a doctor is required.


When to Stay Home:

Illness: Sometimes it is difficult to decide if your child needs to stay home from school. Your child should stay home if he/she has a temperature of  100 or above, is vomiting, or has diarrhea.  You should also keep your child home for 24 hours after these symptoms resolve.  If you decide to send your child to school, telling him/her that you will come to pick him up will almost certainly guarantee you a phone call.  Rest assured we will call you if your child needs to go home.

Other information/Forms:
Current COVID practices: We are following NH DHHS/CDC guidelines:  
  • You can go back to your normal activities when, for at least 24 hours, both are true:
    • Your symptoms are getting better overall, and
    • You have not had a fever (and are not using fever-reducing medication).
  • When you go back to your normal activities, take added precaution over the next 5 days, such as taking additional steps for cleaner airhygiene, masksphysical distancing, and/or testing when you will be around other people indoors.
    • Keep in mind that you may still be able to spread the virus that made you sick, even if you are feeling better. You are likely to be less contagious at this time, depending on factors like how long you were sick or how sick you were.
    • If you develop a fever or you start to feel worse after you have gone back to normal activities, stay home and away from others again until, for at least 24 hours, both are true: your symptoms are improving overall, and you have not had a fever (and are not using fever-reducing medication). Then take added precaution for the next 5 days.
If your student has a food allergy the information and paperwork needed can be found here: MilfordSpecialDietaryForm (3).pdf 
If your student has Asthma or an Anaphylaxis Allergy please provide an action plan.  Most Health Care Practitioner's will fill one out and either give you a copy or be willing to fax it to the school.