673-5221 ext. 1530
Eye On Curriculum
The Milford Middle School hosted its annual Grade 8 Career Day on Friday, March 30th. Students had previously done career exploration work with Student Services. During Career Day, students had the opportunity to listen to 8 local professionals from different career fields, including:
- Rebekah Ballou – veterinarian technician
- Todd Boudreau – author & pharmaceutical sales representative
- Rob Estberg – supply planner for Under Armour
- Glenn Kramer – TSA & former police officer
- Arron Langevin – electrician
- Peter Maresco – engineer at BAE Systems
- Adam Parker – head chef at Fratellos
- Carole Whittier – entrepreneur & baker at Carole’s Cake Creations
Students asked questions & participated in a variety of speaker-provided activities. Career Day offered students a chance to see what it takes for individuals to be successful in these careers. At the end of the day, students had gained a greater awareness of the choices they will be able to make to shape their futures.
Ask your son or daughter about their Career Day experience!